Saturday, February 16, 2013

Welcome to the Experiment

Cinema Daily is my experiment with watching and reviewing a movie a day for the forseeable future to further my personal canon of film viewing. How long this will last is anyone's guess - hence calling it initially an experiment.

While I'm not the first and I'm sure I will not be the last "movie-a-day" blogger, I will try to be as entertaining and interesting as possible. I also promise to not come off as pretentious as I did in the opening paragraph, but I couldn't think of a better way to get the idea out there.

The rules add up to a very few. For now, the movies will be either ones I have not seen before or have not seen in so long I can't remember anything about them. There are also many films over the years that I have watched once and dismissed and heard great things about since; I might have some 2nd chances along the way. I will eventually have some theme weeks and the like but for now we will call the first few weeks a beta test. And there might be many more weeks of randomness on top of that, but we shall see. And while I can't promise I will get a post up in time each day (I'm only human) you will just have to trust the fact that I am watching the movies within the 24 hour time frame I am giving myself. And finally, I can be a little long winded if the right mood hits me, but I will probably have some short movie reviews as well. Whether it's 1,200 words or one sentence, I will write something about the film I have seen.

As to the types of movies, we are covering all genres and all eras. It could be from the 20's or from 2013; anything is fair game. I will admit upfront I'm big on action, mystery/thriller, horror, sci-fi, so there might be more of those than most, but the point of this is to further my film viewing education, so I will be branching off as much as I can. There probably won't be too many talking dog or baby movies so if that's all you are looking for you probably need to go elsewhere. Although, I hope you stick around anyways.

For now, we are doing seven days a week; I will not be shocked at all if I turn this eventually into a Monday-Friday kind of deal. And at some point it might turn into an every other day situation but we will cross that bridge if we come to it. In the end, it's my movie blog and I will do what I want, but I still like to have input. In the comments feel free to leave ideas for movies I just have to see, or theme ideas or just tell me I suck at writing. You won't be the first or last person to make me aware of that fact.

But in the end, I just hope we enjoy each other's company and all that jazz. Be back soon with the first entry. I'll give you a clue...1997 Sci-Fi...

No comments:

Post a Comment